While the snow falls, let’s snuggle up and write.
Four Weeks of Winter Writing to Soothe Your Soul
In the middle of winter, spend four cozy Sunday mornings (and one Saturday) writing with me and seven other women in a safe and supportive online workshop series. Grab your coffee, tea or hot cocoa. It’s time to explore new writing techniques and push your edges, all while being held in a bubble of compassion and understanding. There are no “outcomes” or “results” for this workshop. You can drop the expectations and perfectionism. There is simply a commitment. A commitment to writing. To show up for it. To dig into it. To trust it. To see where it takes you…
We’ll spend two hours together in a private Zoom room on Sunday mornings. For the first hour we’ll chat about writing and work through some writing exercises. Then you’ll have a 45-minute quiet writing block and at the end of our time together we’ll reconnect as a group to share what has transpired for us over the course of the two hours. No matter what you want to write, Emergence will create the space for you to get the words on the page. Work on the book you’re dying to write, develop that short story that’s been brewing or even start a personal journaling practice.
Parrish makes you excited about writing and pushes you to show up for your own creativity at the same time. Emergence is a sacred space where you get to commit to your writing, the community and yourself. I highly recommend it, even if you don’t think of yourself as a writer (yet).Megan Flatt
The Emergence goodness includes:
- 2-hour live, online workshop every Sunday morning
- Writing coaching + exercises to strengthen your writing
- Independent writing time for personal projects
- Small group of committed and supportive women
- Private Facebook group to ask questions, give support and share your work with the group
Emergence is all about carving out the time and space to write, with a group of caring, inspiring and courageous women by your (virtual) side.
You’ll feel at home in Emergence if you…
- Want to get into a groove with your natural writing voice and build more consistency into your writing. You know that a regular writing practice would enhance your life and bring you great joy.
- You love opportunities to be creative and think that four Sundays of writing in the middle of the winter sounds soooooooo gooooood! Let’s hang out, drink tea and puts words on the page.
- Have dreams of writing a book, and need a way to kick yourself in the butt and get started already. Or you need an extra dose of inspiration to finally finish a project. These are four awesome weeks to Get. It. Done!
- Feel called to write (even if you may not know what/why) and you’re ready to dive in. Let’s have some fun and see what shows up! The writing world is open to you.
Emergence might be tough for you if…
- Getting online reliably is difficult for you. This is a fully online workshop done via Zoom video conferencing and you don’t want to be fussing with the internet at the start of every workshop. (If there’s anything I can do to help you in this case, let’s chat.)
- You can’t commit to the whole four weeks. In the end, it’ll feel short and you will have wanted to be there for every moment. Trust me, this is time well spent. If, however, there’s a session you just can’t make, I will record it for you.
What a lovely experience Emergence has been! I’ve always struggled to get myself into the “space” of writing. A chorus of voices about not being good enough, not know where to start, etc. always got in the way of sitting down and committing word to page. Parrish created the perfect container to relax and explore my writing. There was no pressure to perform, just a warm, supportive, sisterhood of fellow writers with useful exercises to drop us into our creativity. I’ve written more on my book in the past 4 weeks than I have in the past 4 months!Janet Crawford
NEXT WORKSHOP STARTS: Sunday February 11th, 2018
LIVE WORKSHOP SESSIONS:
Sunday, February 11 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
Sunday, February 18 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
Sunday, February 25 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
**Saturday, March 3 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET**
Parrish’s style of coaching made writing simple and fun. She helped me to focus, get out of my head and she was very encouraging. I highly recommend Parrish’s writing workshops.Patricia Petersen
Who’s the creator and leader of Emergence?
Parrish Wilson is a Writer + Writing Coach for women who are inspired to share their stories and wisdom through the written word. She has been offering writing workshops for women around the world since 2013. She’s currently completing a Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing at Humber Writing School, and developing her first full-length manuscript. It’s her mission to create safe and supportive opportunities for women to pursue their dreams of writing and self-expression.
Refund Policy: If something comes up and you are no longer able to attend the workshop I offer full refunds up to 1 week prior to the workshop date. If you wish to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop you’re welcome to transfer it to someone else but no refund will be issued within 7 days of the workshop.